1. Does weather effect the connection?
No, weather does not have an affect on the connection or speed. Unlike Satellite internet, pouring rain, or dark storm clouds to not cause the signal to be lost, or speed to be compromised.
2. How does wireless compare to cable modems?
It is capable of operating up to 4 times faster than a cable modem. And it does not slow down with heavy use like cable modems do.
3. Can the connection be shared between multiple computers in home or business?
Yes, by use of an internet sharing device (proxy server, or NAT). Such devices cost just less than one hundred dollars.
4. How fast is the connection?
4.8 Megabits per second, in each direction.
5. How many emails are included with business account?
Ten mailboxes are included with the business account.
6. Does VPN work with the wireless connection?
Yes, Virtual private networking will work with the connection.
7. Do we have a static IP?
Yes, each customer is assigned a static IP.
8. Does each computer have its own IP?
Yes, each computer will have its own IP.
9. How long have you been providing wireless internet access?
Since 1998. We did our first business class wireless trial in the spring of 1998. However, only recently has the price of the equipment become low enough to the point where it is feasible for the mainstream population.
10. Do I have to pay for the equipment before the service is installed?
Yes, we require that equipment is purchased before service is installed. If previous arrangements are made we can also spread the initial equipment cost over 3 months.
11. Once I agree to sign up for wireless how long before it will be installed?
This depends on how many customers are signed up in line ahead of you.
12. Where do you mount the antenna?
Wherever we can get a good signal. Typically, this is the highest point possible on the house, but each installation is unique. We will always work with the customer to make sure the antenna is installed in a location that's agreeable to the customer. We will also make sure that all cable routing, and cable color (from the rooftop, to the PC) is done in a way that is not objectionable to the customer.
13. How much will my connection slow down when other computers in the business or home are using connection?
Only if the other computers are doing large file downloads. In normal usage, there will be little or no speed loss if the connection is used by multiple computers in a business or home setting.
14. What is the equipment cost?
The basic minimum cost for the equipment is $299.00. This represents the cost of the antenna. The basic installation will provide high speed access to one computer in your home or office. A sharing box or cable/dsl router will be needed if additional connections are needed within home or business. Sharing box and 10/100 nic cards are additional cost. You can purchase sharing box and network card from Netconnect or purchase them from any computer supply store.
15. What is the cost to have equipment installed?
Netconnect does not charge for the installation at this time.
16. What is the monthly charge?
The monthly charge for a home user is $39.95 per month and the business rate is $89.95 per month.